Friday, March 18, 2011

Hunger Games Casting

I have been following the news for the Hunger Games movie, as I am interested to see who they pick to play the characters. It was announced that they have chosen Katniss. Jennifer Lawrence will be filling the role. Check her out here and let me know what you think of their choice. I personally would have gone another way. I thought that Danielle Chuchran (check her out here) would have been a good choice. There is a video on YouTube of the scene where Rue dies, and she plays Katniss in it and is very good. Check out the video here

2 comments:

  1. That's a tough call since I have not seen either actress in any role. I imagine the draw of having an oscar winner is a plus for the makers of the Hunger Games, but I don't think either girl fits how I picture Katniss. She's tougher than that and wasn't she brunetter? Maybe I'm having a hard time imagining these girls with their hair dyed...I'm definitely no casting expert.

    I think this movie is going to be tough enough to make anyway. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to it. Loved the books and that's good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the girl in true Grit would have been a good Katniss. (just saying) I didn't picture her blonde or quite so curvy as the girl they picked. Either way I'm still SUPER EXCITED for this movie.

    Angie Kanyo

    ReplyDelete