Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Goodbye Elantra, You've Been Great!

For those of you that haven't heard, I was in a car accident yesterday. I was on my way to pick up Tyler from day home. I was travelling up 66th street North. I got to 12 Ave and noticed a school bus pulling across 66th St in front of me. I slammed on my brakes, but to no avail. I went right into the side of the bus, just in front of his back tire. The back end of my car was smashed. I hit my head on the side window of my car. 3 witnesses stopped and gave me their information. One lady stayed until everything was all taken care of. She was really nice.

 Trevor called his brother Spencer to come and pick him up at home so they could come to the scene. On his way to get Trevor, he got pulled over for talking on his phone because he was lost. Trevor ran to where he was and they were able to get out of the ticket.

We towed the car to Herber's, and they called me this morning saying it is definitely going to be a write-off. I have had the car for almost 10 years and have never had a problem with it. We were just saying a couple of weeks ago how we would for sure get at least 5 more years out of it. Well, I guess not!

I have a couple of pictures of my phone, but will have to wait until I get home to upload them. Today I am feeling a bit nauseous, so I guess I will go to the doctor this afternoon and make sure it's not a concussion. Ah, good times! I am just glad Tyler wasn't in the car with me. He started crying when they towed the car away, so imagine if he had been in the car!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so sorry to hear about your car, but I am glad you are alright! That can be really scary. And I am glad as well that Ty Ty wasn't with you. Hope everything turns out okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad to see your car. It was a good one. Hope the next one is as well. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete