Lemon Blossom Cookies
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 Cup fresh or bottled lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- few drops yellow food coloring (optional)
Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness on floured surface. Cut with small circle cutter (I used 1-1/2 inch). Place on ungreased baking sheets and bake at 400 for about 8 minutes. Remove to cool.
Combine glaze ingredients and stir with a spoon until lumps disappear. Spoon a little bit into center of each cookie and spread around with the back of a spoon. Make more glaze if needed. Allow to dry for an hour or so and then stack cookies and store in cookie jar.
**These were absolutely wonderful. They are just so delicious and different. We really liked them.