OLIVE GARDEN FIVE CHEESE ZITI AL FORNOServes: 10
FOR THE ZITI SAUCE
4 cups tomato sauce
2 cups alfredo sauce
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese , shredded
3 tablespoons Fontina cheese , shredded
1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
FOR THE ZITI TOPPING
3 cups mozzarella cheese , shredded1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons romano cheese , grated
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese , grated
1 tablespoon fresh garlic , chopped
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley , chopped
1 lb dry ziti pasta
1 cup mozzarella cheese , shredded
- PREPARE THE ZITI SAUCE:.
- Combining all ingredients for the Ziti Sauce in a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- PREPARE THE ZITI TOPPING:.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the first four ingredients for the Ziti Topping.
- Add the garlic, oil, and parsley and mix until thoroughly blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- WHEN READY TO PREPARE THE WHOLE DISH:.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 13-by-9-inch baking dish or large casserole with non-stick spray.
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
- Pour 1/2 cup of prepared ziti sauce into the prepared dish, and spread it evenly over the bottom using a spoon.
- When pasta has finished cooking, drain the water and pour the hot pasta into the bowl of remaining sauce. Mix thoroughly; pour into the baking dish.
- Spread 1 cup of shredded mozzarella over the pasta and sauce mixture.
- Top the mozzarella with the prepared Ziti Topping, spreading evenly.
- Place pan on center oven rack and bake until top is golden brown and cheese is bubbling, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.
I made this last week and it was delicious!! It was very close to the real thing, for all those who love it at the Olive Garden! I would recommend trying it. It seems like it is complicated when you just browse what it takes, but it is actually really easy and well worth it!