Monday, March 5, 2012

Mono, Strep, Whatever You Want to Call It!

I started to have a headache about a week ago, and it was on and off all week. On Friday at work, I just couldn't get warm and had no energy. I woke up Saturday morning with a scratchy throat and pretty bad headache. By noon, I was fevering and could hardly swallow. I went down for  a 3 hour nap and felt a bit better. Sunday morning I decided to go to the doctor when I woke up and could hardly swallow still. I went at 9:00 in the morning and didn't get into the room to see the doc until 12:00. I then sat in the room until 1:00 when the doc finally came in. She said it looked like I could possibly have mono, but it could also be strep. She did a swab, wrote me a prescription, and sent me for a blood test for mono. It was almost 2:00 by the time I got home. What a ridiculously long day. I am feeling a bit better today, still not knowing what I have. I stayed home from work so as not to infect everyone there! I slept until noon and it was great!

Saturday night we had Russell, Andrea and there kids over for dinner. It was a lot of fun. The boys had fun playing together and it was nice to visit as adults. We will have to do it more often. We don't usually invite people over because our place isn't that big, but it was alright. 

Here are some pictures of what we've been up to lately.

We went out to the lake for Arja's birthday. We went quading on the lake. Tyler does the acceleration on the quad, and he likes to go fast. It's a lot of fun and he loves it!



Tyler loves to eat snow. Everytime we step outside, within seconds he's got some in his mouth. I guess he felt that Journey might like it as much as him!



We had a small fire for a few minutes with Bumpa. It was a really fun day.


Tyler loves to ham it up for the camera. Here is a perfect example.


Wrestling with Dad is one of his favourite things to do. Dad likes it too!


Trevor got to get some work done on his bike during Reading Week. It is ready to go in for the inspection that he has to get before he can insure it. The pictures aren't that great because it was just in our cramped back yard, but I'll post better ones when the nice weather hits.


No comments:

Post a Comment