Monday, January 24, 2011

Make-It Monday

I have been making this for about 6 years now, and it is one of my favorites, as well as my family's. We never get sick of it. The quantities depend on how much you think you will eat and how much of one thing you like in comparison to another! Enjoy.

Pasta Salad

Shell or Bow Pasta
Chicken Breast, cut up
Fresh Broccoli
Fresh Tomato
Fresh Peppers (I usually use some red and some yellow or orange, but always 2 colors)
Parmesan Cheese (I use the non-shredded, really flaky kind in the bottle)
Zesty Italian Salad Dressing

Brown the cubed Chicken. I usually add some Zesty Italian to the chicken for the last couple minutes of cooking to give it a kick. While browning the chicken, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta. Add the cut up broccoli, peppers and tomato. Add the cooked chicken. Pour the Zesty Italian dressing and sprinkle some parmesan over mixture. Mix to coat everything.

**If you like fresh green beans, they are a nice addition. Add them to the pasta for the last 3-5 minutes of cooking to help them get a little tender, but still crisp!

**Serve with fresh buns or croissants.

1 comment:

  1. Yum, this makes me feel like summer. That might be nice during the dark of winter!

    ReplyDelete